5 Daily Positive Affirmations For Happiness In Life

How to use the power of thoughts to bring happiness into your life

- | 97 Aha! comments | Posted in category: Happiness, Self Improvement

Girl signaling five daily affirmations in life

This is a guest post from an ABC gem, Vernon Layne. He writes about self-improvement and inspiration. In this post, he talks about the daily positive affirmations that you should practice for achieving happiness in life.

If your under-your-breath conversations were monitored for a day, what would that reveal about you?

Would there be a lot of self-talk berating yourself or there would be pep-talk encouraging yourself?

Perhaps there will be some talk back sessions getting the last laugh.

Most of us are careful about what we believe or whom we let into our life. We set limits on whom we listen to.

But for some reason we think we are supposed to believe everything we tell ourselves, right?

Don’t let self-defeating thoughts get the best of you.

Instead, win yourself over with daily positive affirmations.

Why Do You Need Daily Positive Affirmations

The voices of self-criticism in your head sometimes run rampant, draining you of all your positive energy.

When you see yourself in a negative light, you give off the negative energy that affects you mentally and physically. It can lead to health problems.

That is why the opinion of yourself and your circumstances are most important.

It is because they can have a positive or negative influence on not just yourself, but on people around you as well.

Did you know when you are listening and believing your lies, you are practicing insanity?

If I had a survey and asked people to describe insanity, I am sure most would say it is repeating the same mistake and expecting different results.

That is a good way to describe it but is it the best way? Does it tell us how people view themselves? Is it really a definition or just a quote?

During my research, one definition described insane being a state of mind that prevents normal perception, behavior or social interaction.

When Albert Einstein or Ben Franklin, depending on whom you ask, wrote this quote, he was not just referring to external actions but also internal actions that take place in our mind.

Please understand, for every action there is a reaction. Furthermore, behind every action there’s a thought and self-talk.

It is these internal dialogs we have over the years that become our truths.

When reality stares us in the face, and it is not in agreement with what we believe, our perception gets distorted preventing normal perceptions and causes us pain and unhappiness.

The saddest thing about these conversations is that they are usually negative and untrue, and they steal our joy.

That is why it is important we practice telling ourselves positive affirmations daily.

Henry Ford quoted, “whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you are right.”

Think of it this way: You having a build-in alarm that sounds and alerts you when yourself or others have not lived up to your expectations, beliefs and ideas. It sounds when your fixed ideas and reality are opposite polarity.

No matter how many times you have failed or how many mistakes you have made in life. The truth is you are doing better than you feel, and more importantly, you are doing better than you think.

“The unexamined life is not worth living for a human being.” ~ Socrates

How Daily Positive Affirmations Help You

Life and all its challenges can be rough at times and depending on how you respond internally, you can learn happiness in the mist of those rough times.

You are going to struggle constantly if you are not having a healthy conversation with yourself.

Give yourself a break and concentrate on the good things that are happening in your life. Yes, there are good things going on in your life too.

For example, you could start each morning with being thankful as you wake up. That is always a good start, and it is simple. Life is as simple as you see it.

Your feelings follow your thoughts, so finding the time and going through a mental gratitude list will remind you of things you are grateful for.

It will also help you develop a balanced sense of self-esteem and be in agreement with who you really are; a person with assets as well as liabilities.

Defeating negative thoughts before they become your reality and before your emotions send you that alarming sound you are all too familiar with is the best defense against unhappiness.

I’ve come up with five daily positive affirmations that you can tell yourself every morning and start your day on the positive note.

Meditating man with aura and sign of past and future

5 Daily Positive Affirmations For Happiness In Your Life

There’s no limit to the amount of power and happiness you can have when you believe these 5 positive affirmations:

Daily Affirmation 1: Today I Have Courage to Walk Through My Fears

Fear is behind many decisions you make or don’t make. They will destroy you mentally, physically and emotionally if you allow them to control your life.

Sometimes they are subtle and attack without you knowing. Perfectionism is a good example of this subtle fear.

Deep within you may feel you are not being exactly what you want or what you think others would like you to be.

So you try harder at being perfect, believing it will bring you happiness and acceptance.

But the shadow of those high expectations cast over you when they are not met. Then you default to doing the only thing you know; try harder.

The first step in defeating fear is accepting the fact that it is there and understanding it is normal. Your fears get stronger the longer you think about them, so redirect your thoughts to something positive.

Do the very thing that you are afraid of doing and your fears will slowly lose its power over you.

Daily Affirmation 2: Today I Forgive Myself and Refuse to be a Prisoner of My Past

Giving and receiving forgiveness is an essential part of discovering happiness.

Why, because it requires you to make peace with yourself, and that is hard when you feel you are the worst person on earth.

However, it is the only road to long-term contentment.

It is impossible to give someone something you do not have. Forgiveness is no different. How can you forgive others when you do not know how to forgive yourself?

Stop being held captive by your feeling. By choosing to forgive yourself you are no longer controlled by bitterness, anger, and resentment.

You will free yourself from the bad things you have done to yourself and others, and others have done to you.

Forgive yourself today, and your negative thought patterns and feeling will change for better. Each time it brings you closer to the person you are meant to be.

Daily Affirmation 3: Today I Seek Personal Growth, and I Will be Open-Minded

Change scares a lot of people. It does not matter if the change is positive or negative.

Some people do not like change and stay closed-minded and stop growing.

While others embrace it and continue improving like my family at Aha!NOW. We are constantly changing and growing. Click here to find out how.

When you are open-minded, you are teachable and can take advantage of what others have to offer from their knowledge and experience.

There’s too much to learn in life to be closed-minded. So humble yourself by remaining teachable and remember, its okay not to have all the answers.

Daily Affirmation 4: Today I Accept and Love Myself

The most valuable thing you can offer yourself and the world is being YOU. To do this, you must accept yourself fully; your assets, flaws, successes, and failures.

This helps you stop comparing your inside with others outside and helps you stop wishing you were someone else.

Instead, compare who you used to be with who you are becoming, and that is a person who strives to be human and not perfect.

Daily Affirmation 5: Today I Believe Everything I am Experiencing is Building Character Within Me

When you face your problems with patience and hope, it strengthens your character.

You’ll stop avoiding them, but welcome them knowing it is another opportunity to gain wisdom.

A positive attitude makes all the difference when facing difficult times.

It helps you see trails as character building blocks of hope, patience, and wisdom – the three essential ingredients for a peaceful and fulfilling life.

five positive statements with sun in the background

How To Practice Positive Affirmation Daily In Your Life

You may be wondering, “How do I implement these 5 positive affirmations into my life?” After all, they are meaningless without action.

First you need to make time. Don’t wait to start your self-examination. Moreover, don’t let obstacles stand in your way.

Next thing you need to do is be honest with yourself by opening your heart and mind about your past and your present circumstances.

You must ask yourself some critical questions. For example, “Is my self-esteem based on what others think of me?” or “Can I forgive myself?”

Denial protects you from your true feeling, but it also prevents you from believing other things like positive affirmations, so be honest as you can with yourself.

Once you see your negative thoughts on paper, ask yourself do you want to keep them or do you want to develop a better perspective. Remember you have a choice.

If you choose the latter then begin to tell yourself these five positive affirmations daily, and you will start experiencing positive actions supporting your new beliefs.

Replacing your old beliefs with new ones is the only way this will work.

“The only thing in the world you can change is yourself and that makes all the difference in the world.” ~Cher

It is simple to obtain what you want in life when you focus correctly.

When you are able to see the connection between what you are telling yourself and the consequence, you’ll be amazed at yourself and enjoy making decisions.

Telling yourself these five positive affirmations daily will help you do just that. They will help you look forward to life’s challenges, knowing that a peaceful and happy life is possible.

Over To You –

Do you believe in positive affirmations and practice them daily in your life? Share your thoughts, experiences, and affirmation in the comments.

Photo Credit:

Show Comments

97 Comments - Read and share thoughts

1. Sylviane Nuccio

2015-04-18 at 5:47 pm

Hi Vernon,

Wonderful post.

Two things about positive affirmations, it that:

1) Most people never use them and…
    2) People don’t understand how powerful they are.

So, for the most part they have negative affirmations running in the background all day and then they’re wondering why they struggle in life.

It is true that when you start getting acquainted with affirmations you may feel that you are lying to yourself, but in order to prevent that there are ways to formulate such affirmation sothat you wouldn’t feel that you’re lying, and secondly the more you say it the more you’ll believe it.

Thank you for this and will share now 🙂

~Sylviane

2015-04-20 at 3:23 am

You explained them so well Sylviane.

It’s hard to believe positive affirmations when you have been believing negative ones most of the time.

We have a choice; we can believe our negative thoughts or our positive thoughts. If we believe positive ones the most then negative ones sounds like a lie.

And yes we must repeat them over and over because it’s human nature for us to think about what’s not going right more than what is.

Thanks for pointing that out.

2. Rachel Wolany

2015-04-18 at 10:20 am

What a great write up. I was reading and thinking I want something that I can pull you up on, but instead what you did was reconfirm I am on the right track. I have been working on the self for years now. But over the last couple of years I approached it from a new angle. I have been gentle on myself and able to really laugh at some of my thoughts and behaviours. And this came about by thinking you would nurture that friend who needs advice, you would go in easy and be tolerant. The question arose, is it not time to treat myself as I would my best friend. And low and behold this worked and now I look forward to putting any new issue under the spot light. Because I do it with the same patience I would someone hurting and telling me their troubles.

2015-04-20 at 3:01 am

Wow Rachel!

I’m currently doing the same thing. Your comment reminds me of my new approach as well and it’s self-compassion.

I’m learning to beat myself with a feather rather than a bat when I’m disappointed in myself.

And there is nothing more rewarding than laughing at yourself, right?

I cracks me up! 😆

Reading your comment confirms I’m on the right track too. I hope we both continue being patience with ourselves because it help us to live in reality.

Have a wonderful day!

• Rachel Wolany

2015-04-20 at 11:55 am

Thanks for replying just wanted to say I love the idea of beating myself with a feather, great way of putting it and I enjoyed “I cracks me up”

3. Donna Merrill

2015-04-18 at 3:24 am

Hi Vernon,

I love affirmations! You sure have shared not only the affirmation but what it can do. I have been doing them for years and overcame some fears in my life.

They are not only good for our emotions, but for the whole of mind/body/spirit. And it sure helps us keep healthy.

-Donna

2015-04-20 at 2:44 am

Hi Donna,

There are times affirmations seem to have this special force. Like you said, they are good for keeping our whole being healthy demonstrating their power.

A good example is when others speak them into our life or when we read them somewhere when we need them the most we feel better.

Thanks for sharing this vital reminder.

4. Lorraine Reguly

2015-04-18 at 2:47 am

Hi Vernon.

I use positive affirmations on a regular basis. In fact, I wrote a guest post about them, too! 😉

The title of it is Two Simple Things You Can Do to Kick-start your Writing Success, and you can find it at beafreelancewriter(dot)com/blog/2014/06/11/kick-start-your-writing/

I have found that they really have helped me move my business forward and be happier. 🙂

2015-04-19 at 6:19 pm

Hi Lorraine,

That’s great to hear! I will go over and check out your guest post. It sounds useful whether you’re new to writing or not.

It goes to show us there’s a correlation between positive affirmations and productivity.

I can’t wait to read it and thanks for sharing it!

5. Ilka Emig

2015-04-17 at 11:36 pm

Hi Vernon!

Thank you for a great post. It is truly important to forgive ourselves or we believe we are not worthy and we will also at that way. And you are right, it does need time to sit and reflect on the way we think about ourselves. It can even be hurtful. But it helps so much!

All the best to you, Ilka

2015-04-19 at 6:11 pm

Hi Ilka,

That’s so true when you said if we don’t somehow find a way to forgive ourselves we will act accordingly to how we see ourselves. Great point!

Self-examination is a very painful process because seeing our past in print brings us face to face with our character flaws.

That’s why we should keep a healthy balance by listing our good qualities too. The reward is freedom!

Thank you for the message.

6. Corina Ramos

2015-04-17 at 11:00 pm

Hi Vernon,

Congratulations on getting the opportunity to guest post here on Aha!Now. It’s nice to meet you.

There was a time in my life when I was consumed by negative thinking. Then about three years ago I made the choice to grow spiritually and change my way of thinking if I ever wanted to see things happen in my life.

It’s changed my world completely and my only regret is that I didn’t do it sooner :).

Thank you so much for sharing these daily affirmations with us. My favorite one is #3 – Today I Seek Personal Growth, and I Will be Open-Minded.

Have a wonderful day and weekend.

Hello Harleena,

Thank you for having Vernon share his post here. I hope you’re having a wonderful day and weekend. 🙂

Cori

2015-04-19 at 5:47 pm

Hi Corina,

I know how proud you are of yourself for making that life changing decision. It reminded me when I have to make that same decision.

I remember reading a quote in my youth stating a person can change his life just by changing his thinking. I always believed that since the first day I read it.

I like #3 too because it tells us to never stop learning or become complacent.

And always be open-minded to constructive criticism. Not because it enhances our personal growth but it can well save our life.

Thanks for such a refreshing comment.

7. Brenda Lee

2015-04-17 at 9:37 pm

Hi Vernon. Nice to meet you.

Your post is so timely. Daily affirmations can help us through our day IF we believe in them. The ones you shared are definitely key in anyone’s life. I need to print this out so I can repeat daily.

Thank you for sharing with us!

2015-04-19 at 3:19 am

Yes Brenda the key word is IF!

As I was writing I thought of the main things I struggle with and hoped people can relate. I’m honored that you thought highly of it enough to print. I only write what I experience and what have worked for me.

Glad to meet you too!

8. Tuhin

2015-04-17 at 9:10 pm

Hello Vernon,

Affirmations are very important to help us lead a positive and confident life. And hence I always advice people to follow some quality affirmations.

I have some of my affirmations that help me to stay focused. Thanks for this list, I can add these points in my list.

I can feel the effort and dedication you have given to this post. Hope it helps a lot of people. Way to go.

2015-04-19 at 3:08 am

Hi Tuhin,

One thing we all need is confident with our positive attitude so thanks for mentioning that.

I’m open to suggestions if you like to share yours with us. The way I think sometimes I can never have enough. 😀

Thanks for noticing my effort because being positive is something I’m passionate about. Every since I can remember I believed no matter what happens there is always something to learn from it.

Regards!

9. Patricia Goodman

2015-04-17 at 8:53 pm

Hi Vernon,

I enjoyed reading your post. I am a true believer in positive affirmations. It’s great that you provided affirmations to help people get started and also outlined a path for them to follow. For me establishing a daily routine for completing my affirmations helps in turning them into a habit.

2015-04-19 at 2:54 am

Hi Patricia,

It can be challenging for us to balance this in our daily life but if we persevere soon it will become a habit and a way of life.

In the past I use to wake up with negative thoughts and worry about all the things I would like to get done.

Today after saying positive affirmations alone with prayer, I’m content with how my day unfolds. But when I miss a morning I can tell and my family can too. 😆

Thanks!

10. Yatin Khulbe

2015-04-17 at 8:48 pm

Hi Vernon sir
    I think everyone can relate with this post. We all need to include positive affirmations in our life. Instead of denying our own potential, we must come out with a positive framework.
    Ya, you are right. Behind every action, there’s a thought and self-talk. It’s all about mind games. When we see positivity in different things, we get positivity from our surroundings. The way we see a thing, changes our whole outlook.
    I will keep all these affirmations in my mind. I want to add one thin that before sleep also, we must be thankful for the whole day. So, before closing the day, we must appreciate all positive things.
    I am glad I met you through this platform. It’s wonderful to learn such great things. Keep sharing this kind of wonderful thoughts. Lots of love..

2015-04-18 at 6:41 pm

Hi Yatin,

Yes it starts in our mind. I like to refer to it as a war in our minds fighting for authority. You made so many great points.

I believe it starts with self-concept and we see others and the world as we see ourselves. Our experiences shape our beliefs so when a person is optimistic I know he also have a positive self-concept.

You are absolutely right before we go to sleep we should give thanks for the day; the good, the bad and the indifferent. I’m glad we met too because you always lift my spirit.

Thanks for that important reminder about thankfulness!

11. Clearissa

2015-04-17 at 6:38 pm

Hi Vernon,

I totally believe in positive affirmation. You should always speak life into any situation. I do need to get better at remembering to actually do it on a daily basis. But I am trying to get better. Thank you for the great article.

2015-04-18 at 6:22 pm

Hi Clearissa,

I agree also that we should speak life into any situation. That’s a powerful statement you made because it’s not a normal respond to circumstances.

And you are getting better I know because you believe in positive affirmations. Every person who practice them first had to believe in them.

Great comment thanks!

12. Naveen Kumar

2015-04-17 at 1:24 pm

Hi Vernon Sir,
    First of all congrats to get opportunity to post on Aha Now. Now coming to the post. Its really a great post. The affirmations you have shared in this post are most imporant to make our day full of joy and adventurous.
    The main this I love in this post that forget our all the past and should start
    a new inning from a fresh morning, so it can be a great day 🙂
    All other point are more impressive.
    Thanks again for your kind share 🙂
    Naveen

2015-04-18 at 6:11 pm

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for the congrats it really was an humbling experience to work with two awesome people like Harleena and Vinay. I learned so much!

Yeah our past can be tricky. I say that because in order to forget it you first must take an honest look at it. But if you’re not prepared spiritually,emotionally and mentally you can cause yourself some harm.

I know people who have tried looking at their past only to relive it over and over in their head. We should take what we learned from it, forgive ourselves and leave the rest.

Have a super day!

13. Jens-Petter Berget

2015-04-17 at 12:25 pm

Hi Vernon,

Great topic and very interesting tips. I have recently started using Headspace and trying to meditate for the first time in my life. I start each morning with 10 minutes of silence and positive affirmations. First and foremost two things; telling myself about all the joy I am experiencing, and the people, animals, I appreciate. I think about going through things I fear and spending each day according to my overarching goal.

-Jens

2015-04-18 at 5:57 pm

Hi Jens-Petter,

I didn’t know what Headspace was so I had to Goggle it. 😀

Meditation is an area I like to get better at so thanks for sharing this App with me. I was looking at it and will give it a try.

I appreciate you adding animals to your list. I’m also an animal lover along with nature. I get a lot of joy from watching and interacting with animals.

It’s good you can vision yourself going through your fears because I believe that’s the start of getting through them.

Good luck with Headspace!

14. Hema Unnoop

2015-04-17 at 12:00 pm

Hello Vernon,

Great post. I do believe and practice positive affirmations. Every morning this is my affirmation/ prayer as I call it…”I am lucky to be alive, grateful to wake up by the side of a husband who cares about me, grateful to be healthy. I know good things will come to me and I smile” Off I go on a my daily routine:)

But I won’t lie, I’m still working on #2. Although I have moved on from my past and it doesn’t affect me as it used to before, I still can’t bring myself to forgive the one who wronged me and hurt me badly. I guess I have to give myself sometime.

Your post speaks volumes from start to finish. What I love most is the simplicity with which it has been written. All the points so clear and precise. I hope to be able to guest post too sometime soon:) Thank you Vernon. Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead! You’re awesome!

2015-04-18 at 3:28 am

Hi Hema,

I see you start your day off very well. And isn’t it good to wake up beside our spouse who cares about us? 😆

Good things do come to us when we believe they will. Because we are unaware that we’re looking for things that support what we believe.

That’s why it’s important we be careful of what we tell ourselves.

Number two is hard for most of us. We need people around us who understands us and won’t judge us when we honestly say we don’t want to forgive. I understand you.

Thanks for the nice comments about this post. I have read your work and I know without a doubt you will have the opportunity to write here.

Thanks again!

15. TonmoyParves

2015-04-17 at 11:29 am

Hello Vernon, Good to see you on Aha Community. Thanks for your complete guideline on this topic. Really Amazing. You talk on an important topic. I am totally agree with your points . I will also follow your these 5 steps for my life 🙂 Keep sharing

Cheers

2015-04-18 at 3:03 am

Good for you Tonmoy! It brings joy to my heart when I hear someone liked it so much that they are willing to give it a try.

It really is an important topic and it’s practical.

When you find yourself disturbed by the turmoil in life, you can find comfort in these 5 affirmations. Usually one of them you can apply to what you’re going through.

Have a blessed day!

16. Mohinder Verma

2015-04-17 at 11:22 am

Awesome and this post made me speechless. I wonder, why I did not try these simple but magical affirmations in my life. However, I use these somewhat but not fully practiced and so, the result is not seen by me.

Now I understand the basics of daily affirmations, how and why we need to do and I will start from today onwards and will be giving some time at least 30 minutes to myself for these affirmations.

Thanks Vernon, for this inspirational post and I guess this will surely work to change everyone’s life who will start these.

Mohinder Paul Verma

2015-04-18 at 2:52 am

In the past I’ve always believe everything I told myself Mohinder. My thoughts didn’t have to be true most of the time.

If they changed my feelings and justify my actions I believe them.

Today, what daily positive affirmations have done for me is allow me to question my negative thoughts. And through journaling I’m finding out I developed many from my childhood.

In other words, most of those beliefs are out dated. We wouldn’t keep out dated food so we shouldn’t keep out dated beliefs.

Thanks for commenting!

17. Sherman Smith

2015-04-17 at 9:49 am

Hey Vernon,

For me, positive affirmations doesn’t work well because I feel like I’m lying to myself although it may work for others.

A few years ago I read a book called “The Secret Code Of Success” by Noah St. John and he said the same exact thing. So instead, he came up with the concept of “Afformations” where instead of making a statement, you put it in a form of a positive question.

As soon as I started doing this, I felt like my vibration went up. One point you made that really stuck out to me was “Today I Forgive Myself and Refuse to be a Prisoner of My Past”. There’s a lot of people that are prisoners of their past. So as far as an afformations I would ask myself “How can I forgive myself today and refuse to be a prisoner of my past?”, and amazingly I start to come up with answers automatically and feel myself get back into balance.

Great post Vernon! I hope you have a great weekend!

2015-04-18 at 2:33 am

Hi Sherman,

Not everyone believe in affirmations and like anything else, you must find what works for you. I appreciate you giving us a different perspective. I’m sure there are others reading this who feels the same way as you.

As I think about the definition of afformation, asking a positive question, I can see how it works for some people.

I personally live by faith and a lot of positive things that take place in my life has nothing to do with me or what I have done. Sometimes my job is just to believe and don’t ask how it’s going to happen.

I do my part and try not to worry about the outcome.

Thanks for shining a new light on this post and I think I will buy that book because it sounds interesting.

18. Theresa Ho

2015-04-17 at 9:02 am

Great suggestions of affirmations to start the day Vernon! I’d add Anything is possible at the end! 🙂

The one that resonates with me the most is the forgiveness affirmation which I have been practicing. There’s a nice little forgiveness prayer that was introduced to me and share often that I use but don’t know the source that helps me find peace. “If there is anyone or anything that has hurt me in the past, knowingly or unknowingly, I forgive and release it for the highest good of others and myself. If I have hurt anyone or anything in the past knowingly or unknowingly, I forgive and release it for the highest good of others and myself.”

2015-04-18 at 1:58 am

Hi Theresa,

Yes anything is possible and what hope this prayer gives us! Thanks for sharing.

I love it because it talks about hurting others and ourselves unknowingly. Most of all we hurt ourselves when we aren’t willing to forgive.

This powerful prayer also mentioned releasing it. We may not be aware of how destructive unforgiveness is until we find the freedom from releasing it.

You really blessed us by sharing this prayer. Thanks!

19. Balroop Singh

2015-04-17 at 7:36 am

Hi Vernon,

It’s nice to meet you here and read your reflections about positivity, which we all seek. What I liked most about this post is how we can make these affirmations to be a part of our daily life. There are days when disappointment stares at you, refusing to let go those self-defeating thoughts. It is at such moments that we need to let these affirmations percolate, deep down our skin so that they become a part of our thought process.

I think fear is the most common factor that bars our way and it is not all that easy to vanquish it. When we tell ourselves on daily basis that we are ready to face this monster, come what may, we are able to wipe it out of our way. Forgiveness is very hard and yes, it has to begin with our own self. The other three are quite doable, only if we have the inclination to improve our persona.

Thanks for the reminders! You have presented them in an interesting manner.

2015-04-17 at 4:49 pm

Hi Balroop,

Conflict and disappoint is a part of life but we hold on to those self-defeating thoughts as if it’s going to make our situation better.

During times like these we have a certain thought process we either want to fight the situation or run from it.

When we believe these 5 affirmations and allow them to get into our spirit, they become a part of our thought process like you said.

Now fear isn’t going anywhere. I learned that a long time ago. The best way to deal with this monster is to first surrender to this fact.

When we have faith in these affirmations all we need to do is our part, stop worrying and start living by forgiving ourselves.

Thanks!

20. Yvonne I. Wilson

2015-04-17 at 5:37 am

Lovely post Vernon. Positive self-affirmation is really a healthy way of living and generally speaking, we do not practice this enough. The tendency is to wait until there is some kind of trouble or problem to speak these things over our life. So thanks for this reminder.

2015-04-17 at 4:11 pm

Hi Yvonne,

I’m glad you enjoyed it. And yes we often wait until something bad happens then we rush to find some kind of affirmation or quote to lift our spirit back up.

These 5 affirmations provides a simple way to turn our lives around before troubles and problems come.

They do not promise us that we will be trouble free, find a good job or be in a long loving relationship.

But when we believe them and practice them to the best of our ability, we can become the type of people who are capable of dealing with problems, finding a good job and sustaining a long loving relationship.

Thank you for reminding me that life still going to show up no matter what we tell ourselves.

21. Lea Bullen

2015-04-17 at 3:05 am

Hi Vernon and Harleena,

I think the second affirmation is probably the most fitting for everyone. So many people get caught up in the past, in mistakes, experiences, whatever. They let it hold them back.

It really inhibits you from living your life completely and like you said, discovering happiness. In order to effective move forward you have to let go of the past and embrace the future.

Punishing yourself forever will not right a wrong and you can’t turn back time. So its just best to let go of the self imposed burden.

Inspiration post. Good job!

~Lea

2015-04-17 at 3:33 pm

Hi Lea,

I’m with you we must learn to get over our past. And the only way is to forgive ourselves.

But so many people use denial or withdrawal as a way to deal with their past. Then when circumstances comes up and remind them of their past they act out on those same feeling because they never dealt with them in the first place.

They also can notice when others are trying to manipulate them but can’t see when their mind is doing the same thing when it uses their past to control their present and make them fearful of the future.

But by writing down their past they can free themselves by letting go of whatever feeling they have about it and gain an healthier perspective by looking at it objectively.

Thank you truly.

• Harleena Singh

2015-07-03 at 10:42 am

Hi Lea,

Sorry for being so late in our replies to this one, though glad to have made it now 🙂

Absolutely agree with you there, and it’s these past mistakes that stop us from moving forward, or stepping into the future. I guess people don’t realize that they have to move forward, which happens when you close the chapter of your past, though keep the lessons learnt with you.

Thanks for stopping by, we appreciate it 🙂

22. Julian

2015-04-17 at 2:32 am

Good post. I also believe in priming (just recently discovered it’s brilliant uses) combined with affirmations and using/increasing your intuition helps lead your life to the fullest.

Thanks for posting the affirmation on fear, as that is the one thing that still holds me back on.

2015-04-17 at 3:05 pm

Hi Julian,

Priming. Now that’s a good way to put it. I prime pumps often at work but never thought about how I prime myself. 😆

There’s a reason I put fear first. Because it’s behind many choices we make. I’m like you fear holds me back too. I find myself being fearful a lot when I feel I’m losing control. Only to find out I never was in control.

It takes courage and practice to walk through fear. We must remind ourselves that skilled people were not born with their skills; they had to practice.

When we see courage as an attitude of faith and perseverance we learn to take the step that’s right in front of us. Fear then loses its power.

I hope this helped you. Thanks for sharing.

23. Chery Schmidt

2015-04-17 at 12:24 am

Hello Vernon, I to love affirming things to be true, it is the best medicine I can re commend to anyone to help turn that mindset around.

Your affirmations Rock and I just love this advice_ >>Set an appointment with yourself to meditate on your feelings and thoughts and write them down.

Agree 100% Thanks for sharing… Chery :))

2015-04-17 at 2:26 pm

Hi Chery,

I agree this is a great tool to redirect our minds. It’s so easy for us to get stuck on one belief. We have all kinds of appointments: kids, car, shopping etc.

But how often do we set an appointment with ourselves to reflect not just on how we’re feeling and thinking but also on what role we played in it.

Putting them down on paper help us see what’s going on inside us and it shifts our focus. It’s just as therapeutic as talking to our best friend. It’s an advice I have to remind myself to take. 😀

Thanks for taking time to comment!

24. Dennis Seymour

2015-04-16 at 10:09 pm

Love this post Vernon. I’ve been doing daily affirmations for the past 40+ days now. It’s really helpful for me, my mindset and even my productivity.

2015-04-16 at 10:47 pm

Hi Dennis,

There are so many benefits to positive affirmations so I totally understand what you’re saying. Not only does it help with our productively but with stress and coping skills.

When we tell ourselves positive affirmations, like you have for the last 40+ days, it helps us see challenges as a blessing.

Thanks and it was good to talk to you!

25. lisa thomson

2015-04-16 at 9:55 pm

Hi Vernon, this is a beautiful post!

Thank you for these reminders. I often refer to both of those quotes. I had one of those days yesterday where I began questioning EVERYTHING. Why people are the way they are, am I doing enough? It’s so easy to fall into self critical thinking. Loving oneself is one of the hardest things we have to learn. Thanks for the inspiration today!!

2015-04-16 at 10:36 pm

Hi Lisa,

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed it and refer to the quotes just like myself. 😀

I think we all at some point question just about everything and that’s why it’s important for us to have a support system. A positive person or quote to remind us of the little things in out life to be thankful for.

This will help us shift our perspective.

Honestly the most toxic relationship I ever gave up was the one with myself. I use to say things to myself that I wouldn’t accept from others.

By speaking positively to myself I learned to see myself and others not as critical.

Thanks for sharing!

26. Vernon Layne

2015-04-16 at 8:49 pm

Hi Vinay,

I want to thank you for the opportunity to write a guest post here. Being a part of this growing community has not just helped me as a writer but also as a person as well. The support here is amazing! I’m blessed to be a family member.

• Vinay Kachhara

2015-04-16 at 9:06 pm

Hi Vernon,

I think everybody needs to read this post, and I definitely read it with great interest. Thank you for your kind words and such a lovely post and it’s great to have you as a guest author onboard Aha!NOW.

Our thoughts and internal positive statements do affect us internally as well as externally through our actions and behavior.

Who doesn’t face negative self-talk at times when the odds are against you. But then we do have a secret powerful antidote within us, and that’s the power of our positive thoughts.

You’re so right about our fears and the act of forgiving. You can’t move forward if you have chained yourself to your past. Change is life fresh air, and that rejuvenates us! Being you and loving yourself are one of the basic necessities to be happy.

I’d say experience is the biggest lesson and greatest teacher in life. Every moment is precious as it teaches us about life.

Your call-to-action does help finding our way to practice positive affirmation daily. Thanks again and I hope you will have a great time replying to the comments of the readers. Over to you, Vernon!

• John Maduka

2015-04-29 at 8:45 pm

Nothing to worry for Vinay,

I love reading anything about positive thinking ( And also for the fact that it was written by you 🙁 ) because it has helped me in life in so many ways that i can’t even talk about.

I remember this saying” What you say is who you’re ”

And I bid to that till now.

One thing i learnt from it is that, It makes me mind what i say nor Think of.

BTW, Thank you for reminding me on what i dine with daily.

Good to meet you at Aha-now. . Have more fun and Cheer!

5 Daily Positive Affirmations For Happiness In Life