6 Time Saving Tips to Avoid Being Overworked [Infographic]

- | 92 Aha! comments | Posted in category: Jobs & Education

Overworked office girls needing time saving tips

If you’re a professional, then you‘d know that time saving tips can make you excel in your tasks. Proper time management can really help you become successful – do you agree?

You must’ve heard of the popular phrase, “time is money”. In fact, the wise know that time is more valuable than money.

The time that you save, not only aids you in your professional endeavors, but also helps balance your personal, social, and professional aspects of life.

Learning work-life balance skills is important for all professionals, including bloggers. I guess bloggers need to know more about how to save time and balance their work and life.

Few months back, Corina wrote a guest post for me – “3 Tips to Maintain a Work-Life Balance Working From Home”. I’m sure that’ll help most of you lead a better life.

Your work life balance depends on how you divide and manage your time.

Be honest and tell me, don’t you often overwork yourself – just to achieve your targets.

By overwork, I mean you put in extra time to either complete your job or increase your productivity.

You thus actually exploit your time resources.

I confess that I too do that at times, more often than I should be doing.

But have you ever considered the implications of this seemingly harmless or useful practice?

Have you ever thought about where this extra time comes from?

Either you take out time from what you had previously allotted for some other work, or from your “me” time.  Or you use the time that you had reserved to spend with your family and friends.

Therefore, unknowingly, in order to complete one task, you make yourself suffer from three losses.

One, you overwork yourself, which may mean that you tire yourself, thus you end up spending more time on your tasks. Remember if you overwork beyond certain limits, your productivity decreases.

Two, the time to recharge yourself or your free time decreases, thus you’re not as creative or innovative as you should be, due to which your job suffers.

Three, the lack of time and disturbed schedule may cause a domino effect and adversely affect your other tasks, making you stressed out.

Additionally, if you had committed time to your family or friends, they also suffer because of your overworking.

Not to forget that your chronic overworking can lead to health issues in the long run too.

But the good news is that you can save yourself from all these problems if you learn some time management tips.

I’ve already defined time management and given important tips for time management in this post that you must read – “6 Easy Tips for Time Management You Need to Know”.

“Your greatest resource is your time.” ~ Brian Tracy

6 Time Saving Tips for the Overworked

Let me tell you, it might be okay overworking occasionally, but it’s not good being chronically overworked.

According to a reported study, long hours at work may not correlate with financial success.

You might commit more mistakes if you spend long hours working. Moreover, you will be fatigued, and might even compromise productivity.

Instead of overworking, it’s better and wiser to learn time-saving tricks to gain more time that you can use productively, instead of using your already assigned time resources.

Here’s an infographic that I came across and found it worthy to share with you.

It enumerates 7 simple time-saving tricks for the overworked that eventually make the task of time management easier for you.

Infographic about saving time tricks

What do you think of these tricks or tips to save time?

Though all these tips are great, I personally like two out of all the time saving tips, which I need to implement with immediate effect.

Dealing with small tasks immediately and setting feasible deadlines for the tasks. Setting realistic deadlines help you remain motivated and mobilize the best skills to be more productive.

I feel the pending small tasks and the indecision on matters that seem small and unimportant weigh more on you and cause more anxiety. So, it’s important to not keep them pending.

Deadlines are so helpful if you use them as mentioned in the tip, else it can be counterproductive and cause work stress instead. What do you think?

You’ve to be realistic because things often take more time than we assume.

Thus, it’s also important to have a schedule and plan your work well in advance.

I’m sure you make “to do” lists and use the related facilities provided in your mobile, computer, web, or pen them in your writing pad or diary.

Okay, what do you do the first thing in the morning when you open your computer or laptop?

Make a rough plan for the day, check mail, approve comments, track your sales, analyze the analytics, or other things.

I think your choices decide the kind of day you’ll have. If you plan your day and make a to-do list the first thing, you’ll be able to know your priorities and sideline the “not-so-important” or “can-be-done-later tasks”, isn’t it?

As far as sharing of work is concerned, if you’re managing your blog alone, I’m sure you can delegate tasks to others using the services of experts at Fiverr or virtual assistants online.

“To do two things at once is to do neither.” ~ Publius Syrus

One has to be careful when you are working alone, because some of you might try to multitask.

You need to know that for quality output you need to devote yourself to do one task at a time. If you don’t, you might’ve to spend more time producing quality work.

Also, working online is like walking on a landmine – you never know when and what you will step on, or what will distract you and take you completely off guard.

Your strong commitment and concentration will keep you safe or focused.

Girl with clock in hand telling importance of time

Apart from these tips, studies indicate that the time in the morning is the most productive. Remember, early birds feel less overworked than those who like to work late night.

I can personally vouch for this fact. I observe my work pace slows down when I work late nights whether I’m working on the posts, managing social media, and answering to comments on my blog.

However, I know many people, especially bloggers, prefer working late at night and that’s entirely up to you and the choices you make.

Lastly, if you’re passionate about your work and happy with your own self, the chances are that you don’t feel overloaded even if you overwork. That’s because you enjoy your work.

But excess and regular overwork is harmful in any case.

Yes, I try not to overwork myself, though sometimes I am – I must confess! But these time saving tips come handy and are a great reminder to make best use of the time dedicated to a job, aren’t they?

Oh, how can I forget to reward myself when I complete a task on time without overworking on it?

I like to treat myself by taking out a little time to watch my favorite TV shows while sipping my coffee. 🙂 What are your ways to reward yourself?

Hey! The weekend is almost here, so aren’t you going to take a break and have fun being away from work!!

Reclaim your weekends, recharge yourself, and increase your productivity.

No more being overworked and feeling overloaded. Off I go for my much needed weekend break! 🙂

“Weekends do not count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.” ~ Bill Watterson

Over to you –

What do you do when you’re overworked? How do you save your time while at work? Share your tips and tricks in the comments.

Photo Credit: FreeDigitalPhotos

Show Comments

92 Comments - Read and share thoughts

1. Jennifer Kennedy

2014-04-07 at 9:42 pm

Oh boy!! I think you’re talking to me with this post!!

I’ve noticed that I’ve been feeling super overworked the last few months as I work full-time and I’m trying to build a business on the side.

The most important lesson that I’ve learned is what is pointed out in the infographic, “80% of working time is spent on non-essential tasks.” I’ve spent SO much time researching, reading, learning, and less of that time implementing and taking action. So, I really like the idea of prioritizing the To Do List and focusing on things that are productive!!

I’ve also realized that I need to plan to be productive. I can’t just sit down in front of my computer and start working on things. I need to write a plan the night before so that I wake up prepared to get things done.

Thanks for the reminder, Harleena!! This is good info..and just what I needed on this Monday morning!

2014-04-08 at 6:46 pm

Hi Jennifer,

Is that so? Oh dear…you surely seem to have a lot on hand, especially if you are working full-time and have a blog/business to manage too – wonder how you handle all of it?!

That’s what I loved about the infographic too – it showed us the mirror image of the amount of time we tend to waste on tasks that are not priority. Don’t worry! All the time you spent on learning and researching was needed too, and now that you know all of it, it’s the right time for action. Yes indeed, making a list of things that need to be done first is a great way to really get them done as soon as possible – keeping all others aside for later.

Yes indeed, planning things the night before helps you start the day well as you have it all chalked out, unless you are an early riser and like to plan the rest of the day that time.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experiences with us – glad it helped you. Have a nice week ahead 🙂

2. donna merrill

2014-04-07 at 9:29 pm

Hi Harleena,

“Time is money” but I believe “Effective time is money” There is a difference. I have my own business in the first place to enjoy my life. So these are some things I do in order not to be over worked.

1. “Eat the Frog” Get the most important task done first! Even though when I look at it I can think of hundreds of reasons why I want to procrastinate. But with self-discipline I found acting upon that and making it a habit, frees me up for the rest of the stuff I need to do.

2. Never Multi-task! Been there did that and oh boy, I lost so much energy.

3. Take time out every day! Yes..I write that in my schedule! Even though I have to tear myself away from my work, I do take time out in the middle of the day for a walk, a swim, or just getting outdoors. Nothing fancy, just be a part of the world. When I get back, I’m refreshed.

Now, honestly, I do have my days where I’m overworked and fall prisoner to time. Then at the end of the day, the time factor to me is wasted because I don’t feel as happy as I can.

We all fall into that trap but with persistence and being strict with ourselves, we can enjoy each and every day.

-Donna

2014-04-08 at 6:31 pm

Hi Donna,

You are so right in saying that, and I know you are on the right track 🙂

Getting the important things done first, which are priority IS the key. Once you sit down with it, don’t get up till it’s done, and keep ALL distractions closed – that’s the way I sit to work too, or else I’d not get anything done with kids, family, and work altogether! I agree with you – it becomes a habit if you follow it up and comes naturally to you after a while.

I can well understand how we all tend to get caught with multi-tasking once in a while, me too. But it never really works and something or the other always misfires and you land up wasting more time, had you done just one task at a time.

This is the most important point, which most of us tend to neglect as we are so caught up in our work. Getting away, taking a break, walks, gym, or anything away from work is essential to rejuvenate and refresh us. I need to keep reminding myself of this one so often, and if I don’t, it starts showing on my work and the pace slows up overall.

Absolutely! You need to be strict with yourself and learn the art of time-management and self-discipline for being a happier you 🙂

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your pearls of wisdom with us 🙂

3. Jodi @ Heal Now

2014-04-07 at 9:27 pm

I can’t beleive almost an hour a day is wasted on FB. I feel bad for the companies. I had an old employee who spent time on FB and it upset me so much mostly because she made so many mistakes and never got her to do list done. I do see that we are overworked but I think it is mostly inefficiently so. People are crazy busy and can say that they are, but they are not organized to get important things done! That 80% from the info graphic is a killer. We are all exhausted with nothing to show for it. I’m a good time manager, not perfect, but I don’t aim to be. I think I have a nice balance! Great inspiration today!

2014-04-08 at 6:18 pm

Hi Jodi,

That’s just how it is, and there are many people who spend much more than an hour, which results in their work taking a back seat. Just like the employee you mentioned, there are cases when spending hours on the social networks starts affecting your health and the brain too.

Making a to do list or penning your agenda for the day is so important, which most people tend to ignore, and it just leads them doing things haphazardly. They just land up spending more time doing tasks and being overworked than they would have, had they chalked it all out well beforehand.

Good to know that you’re already good at time management, and perhaps don’t need these time saving tips. I wish it helps those who need it though 🙂

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experiences with us 🙂

4. John Addison

2014-04-07 at 5:29 pm

Hello Harleena
    Great post. In this hectic life we all want to get rid from time consuming things or works. An awesome tips that you have mentioned above we all need to implement all these tips in our life to overcome from workload and stress.
    Thanks for sharing
    Good job

2014-04-08 at 12:58 pm

Hi John,

Absolutely! No one likes to overwork and stress out their lives, everyone wants a little comfort at the end of the day. Anything that takes more of your time, you would like to change or do-away with, or use other time saving tips to deal with it. I hope the ones mentioned in this infographic can help everyone.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your views with us 🙂

5. Suprabhat

2014-04-07 at 5:06 pm

Superb info-graphic explanation… It will surely gonna help me in saving time as as teen i need to go college, classes and then after taking rest it became very hard for me to take out some time for me…..
    But now i think with this i will be able to take my time out for fun ….

Thanks Harleena for a useful article

2014-04-08 at 12:47 pm

Hi Suprabhat,

I can well understand how tough a students life can be, especially if they are studying and blogging as well. You need to ensure you don’t overwork and take adequate breaks and rest in-between.

Thanks for stopping by, and I’m glad you liked this infographic on time saving tips 🙂

BTW _ I can see your picture on your blog, so grab yourself a Gravatar so we know who we are talking to 🙂

• Suprabhat

2014-04-08 at 4:00 pm

thanks mam for replying me back i will surely grab a gravatar so that you remember me forever and i will be your regular visitor so that i get something new to know

2014-04-08 at 7:27 pm

Yes, do that so that everyone can see your picture, and it doesn’t take very long singning up for one. Hope to see you with a Gravatar next time you visit the blog. 🙂

Thanks once again 🙂

6. Nanda Rahmanius

2014-04-07 at 2:33 pm

Hi Harleena,

When I overworked, usually I will take a little time to take a trip, either by motorcycle or on foot. However, I mostly use the motorcycle, since I like riding motorcycle 🙂

I took a few hours to refresh my mind back, seeing the natural scenery to refresh my eyes and call some friends for a simply chat. That’s from me.

Thanks for these tips and for the infographic, Harleena.
    Have a nice day for you.

Nanda

2014-04-07 at 3:13 pm

Hi Nanda,

That’s a good way, and I think everyone who overworks needs to take a break before they exhaust themselves. I hope you don’t ride your bike too fast 🙂

Yes, even a friendly chat is good to catch up with friends and take a break, or listening to music and doing something different from the ordinary works well.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experiences with us. Have a nice day as well 🙂

• Nanda Rahmanius

2014-04-07 at 4:27 pm

Hi Harleena,

Hahaha..you’ve got the point there 😀
        Indeed, I love riding motorcycles fast. But, it’s still the speed that I can control. Of course, it would be dangerous if I ride a motorcycle which I cannot control anymore. Well, I should respect my life, right? 🙂

2014-04-07 at 6:26 pm

Oh yes…you need to be careful about the speed and take care about the way you drive. Absolutely! Respect your life as it’s a precious gift from God.

Thanks once again 🙂

7. Shalu Sharma

2014-04-07 at 12:24 pm

Great tips on saving time. The infographic makes a lot of sense. Saving time and its proper utilisation is not an easy thing to do. Its all about proper management and being focused at all times. Its certainly not easy and one can get distracted easily. As the study says that long hours is not always productive, I think its about working smart and not harder.

2014-04-07 at 2:07 pm

Hi Shalu,

Glad you liked the infographic, which I thought would be ideal for professionals and those who are overworked.

Oh yes…distractions are all around us, whether we are working online, or on the social media – even at home! We just need to remain focused when we work and chalk out the best time to do that, or else it doen’t work.

Long hours simply exhaust you and your productivity levels decrease a great deal – you have to do things that are priority first, and be smart about how you deal with it all if you want to achieve something.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your views 🙂

8. Philip Varghese Ariel

2014-04-07 at 12:12 pm

Hi Harleena,
    What A Great Post!
    A timely one about the TIME!!! 🙂
    Very nice.:-)
    I just had a glance only will
    come back to you later today
    after reading full.
    Have a good day.:-)
    Phil

2014-04-07 at 1:46 pm

Hi Phil,

Yes indeed, this time it IS about time and how best you can manage it 🙂

No worries, you take your time and come back to it when you can. Hope you like it when you return.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a nice day as well 🙂

9. Sheryl Kurland

2014-04-06 at 7:37 pm

ALL great tips! One other is setting limits and saying “no” to distractions, i.e., “Sheryl, will you serve on XYZ Committee?” or “Make some phone calls for ….?” I use to think people would hate me if I say no, but it’s actually gained me more respect professionally (but it’s still hard to say no :))

2014-04-07 at 1:39 pm

Hi Sheryl,

Glad you liked these time saving tips 🙂

That’s a good point – if you can learn to say NO to distractions and even people who want you to do their tasks first, especially when you are working or busy, you can achieve your target in time. I agree about the feeling of hate in such cases, and saying no doesn’t come easy to most of us, but if you want to do things in time, there’s no other way.

Thanks for stopping by and adding the post with an important point. 🙂

10. Akaahan Terungwa

2014-04-06 at 3:25 pm

Hello Harleena,

Overwork has never really produced any concrete results in my experience. In terms of economics, there is a stage where diminishing returns are also reached. When you have reached such a point in your work, all efforts expended only succeed in returning little and little results!

Personally, I ruthlessly prioritize and know exactly when I should be doing what…however, your infographic and entry have been most helpful!

Do have a great day.

Always,
    Terungwa

2014-04-07 at 1:34 pm

Hi Terungwa,

Absolutely! Yet so many of us overwork and tire ourselves out. Yes, we all tend to reach a saturation point after a while or when we keep working without taking breaks, and this affects our productivity.

Good to know that you prioritize your work, and that’s exactly how it should be. Do the important things first, and then take up the rest.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a nice week ahead 🙂

11. Charmie

2014-04-06 at 10:16 am

Aha…so this time its the time which being played now on “Aha-now”. 😀 Well, jokes apart time is the only thing which we always run out of may it be a meeting, a school, a college or doing any activity.
    I’ll take a print of this infographic and stick it over my speaking board. Thanks a lot.

2014-04-06 at 7:00 pm

Hi Charmie,

Lol…exactly! I thought it was time we focused on time 🙂

Time IS precious and something that we all need to value. It just flies so soon and you suddenly realize that you could’ve achieved so much had you remained focused on accomplishing your task, isn’t it? Yes, this infographic will surely do you good 🙂

Thanks for stopping by 🙂

12. Larry Frank

2014-04-06 at 3:03 am

Hi Harleena,
    It’s been a while I visited your blog, I really missed this blog while i was away, busy on some offline job, I guess I’m fully back, I really see great points in this your article. Truely time is money.
    “to do two things at once is to do niether” this word struck me had, this has been my problem, atimes I want to do something I get to find another thing important I begin trying to do the two of them at the end of the day i find out that i don’t have any done, i really need to concetrate on one. Now I’ve just read off my problems, thanks for dropping such a beneficial article.

2014-04-06 at 6:55 pm

Hi Larry – good to have you back, and yes, it’s been a while 🙂

Time IS money, though very few people realize this fact. Don’t worry, many people get caught doing more than one thing at a time with an aim to fasten their pace of work, but land up taking more time, which includes me too. However, when I work or write, I just do that – it’s only when I am on the social networks or doing my house chores that I tend to multi-task or I’d never be able to get it all done!

Concentrating on doing just one task and completing it till it’s done IS the key, and you shouldn’t open any other in-between, especially distractions that tend to take us away from work.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experiences with us 🙂

13. Kathy

2014-04-06 at 12:15 am

Hi Harleena!

Great information and reminders. I think it is so important that we remember that the most precious commodity we have is our time. I definitely believe i would rather use my time as wisely as possible rather than just allow it to waste away. I think have a list along with a prioritized list is the most valuable way to stay on track. And working our our self-discipline is also incredibly important. If we have no self-control the best list in the world won’t make any difference.

Thanks for the great reminders here. Now, back to work for me! ~Kathy

2014-04-06 at 6:48 pm

Hi Kathy,

You are absolutely right – time matters, and we all need to respect the time we have in hand. I know so many people who waste time, especially on the social media sites, only to regret later.

Listing your priorities and making sure you accomplish them ensures you get things done in time. Self discipline and elf-control are essential, and I’m glad you mentioned them here because without that nothing is ever going to work. I guess making things work for you starts and ends with you too, isn’t it?

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with us. Yes, back to work for me too 🙂

14. ashu

2014-04-06 at 12:03 am

This is the 2nd time i am on your blog. earlier i didn’t find anything useful, but yeah i found this one on bizsugar. so thumps up to this article 🙂 thank you for writing it. 🙂

2014-04-06 at 6:38 pm

Welcome to the blog Ashu!

Ah…glad you found this post useful enough to stop and comment. Nice that you came though BizSugar, which is a great place to meet new friends. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your views 🙂

BTW – It would be nice if you use your Gravatar so that we can see who we are talking to – just a friendly suggestion 🙂

15. Lea Bullen

2014-04-05 at 11:52 pm

Writing things down has really helped me. You always think that you can remember it at the right time but it doesn’t quite work out that way.

Plus, when you write it down you can put it in a logical order that makes it easier to complete. This is great for when you’re running errands, it really keeps you from driving all over the place in circles.

Great infographic Harleena!

~Lea

2014-04-06 at 6:35 pm

Hi Lea,

Absolutely! You tend to think you’d remember it all, but when you sit to work, it all seems to vanish! If you don’t have a notepad, even writing it on your phone or anything close works well, though pen and paper is ideal.

I think this way you are more clear and focused on what all you have to do as it’s all written in-front of you, and you manage to do things one after the other in a logical manner as well.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with us. 🙂

16. Mainak Halder

2014-04-05 at 10:58 pm

Hi Harleena,

Wonderful post and these infographics are amazing. They are shorter yet delivers so much information in a diagram.

I followed the first and second points till now, where I’d create a list of tasks I had to do in order of their importance and strike them down after each of them was done. But I haven’t yet tried delegating tasks, but definitely it will save a lot of time and allow me to focus on more important matters.

Looking forward to more such inforgraphics from you in the future.

Mainak.

2014-04-06 at 6:30 pm

Hi Mainak,

Oh yes…I love infographics too, especially that convey everything so well 🙂

Planning out your day and writing down things that you need to do, and then striking them off as you accomplish them helps you remain focused on what you have done so far and what’s pending still. Yes, delegation of work comes when we have too much in hand to handle, something that probloggers and high professionals perhaps need. I guess as long as we can manage doing things ourselves, it’s alright. But if you have other major tasks you need to focus on, then you need to delegate to others or else you possibly can’t manage it all.

Thanks for stopping by, and yes, I’d surely be sharing more of these infographics in the near future. Happy weekend 🙂

17. Balroop Singh

2014-04-05 at 9:25 pm

Hi Harleena,

These are nice tips to organise our time! Honestly speaking, I have never thought of organising my hours since I gave up my regular job and felt I had all the time in the world to myself and sure, I have been enjoying this time, without overburdening myself. It is good to limit your time for social networks, which lure you, drag you and then you feel lost!!

I learnt time management very slowly…when I was young, I was always laughed at for my inability to complete my exams, I always left one question unattempted because I couldn’t find enough time! So my relationship with time has been sweet and sour but I have given many sermons on this topic as I had been bitten by this galloping monster so many times!! LOL!!

Thanks Harleena for this thought provoking article, enjoyed reading it. Wish you a nice weekend. May not be able to visit your blog for almost two weeks as I am paying a flying visit to Delhi to attend an important wedding.

2014-04-06 at 6:23 pm

Hi Balroop,

Glad you liked these time saving tips, and it’s good that you’ve never really needed such tips so far 🙂

I can well understand how it feels having left my job too a few years back and taking it easy for some time. However, once I became serious about blogging and an online career, I have been following most of these tips or else I’d never be able to get anything done! But sometimes it just get SO overwhelming and you tend to find it tough to cope with things – perhaps it’s time for a perfect break then!

Absolutely! Social media is a place you should visit with an alarm in your hand! Just enter for some time, hear the alarm, and move away. If you don’t, you just get caught and one thing leads to another, resulting in a lot of time wastage.

Lol…your situation sounds like what my younger one does sometimes, and we have to keep telling her to divide the questions, watch the time, and then attempt them ALL, leaving nothing undone- lessons my parents taught me! Yes, giving lessons about what you have gone through yourself gets across to people in a better way as you can relate so well to it.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your views with us. Wow! That sounds like a lovely get-away! Don’t worry at all, and have a nice time. We shall meet when you return. Have a nice weekend and a safe journey as well 🙂

18. Nirmal Anandh

2014-04-05 at 9:12 pm

Hi Mam,

Nice Post. Planning is an important thing in our life. Without planning we can’t achieve our target. We have to plan before doing anything, as a blogger we have to fix our task within day to day activities.

Because, we are the blogger, we are having responsible to follow up other bloggers and make a comment on their blog, then we have to post article and need to promote it using social networks, then we have to response our readers, we have to earn money etc. etc… list goes on……. So we have to make a plan for a day, or for a week or for a month or for a year. It’s up to you.

For a full time blogger, they can easily make a plan to work with their blog, but for a part time blogger, it’s very difficult to manage the situation. Part time blogger have to see everything(Parents, Job, Wife, Children, Blog, Neighbor, Office etc…).

Really i enjoyed reading. Every post from you is evergreen i say. Thanks for sharing this mam. I didn’t forget to share this post mam. Hope to see you back in my blog. Have a happy weekend.

2014-04-06 at 6:03 pm

Hi Nirmal,

Absolutely! I think without a plan no professional can really succeed in life as that gives direction to your day, thus your life too. Being bloggers, we all lead busy lives and have to do a lot of things just as you mentioned. But what matters most is how we are able to use that time and divide our day so that we can accomplish all the things within a set period and march our way to success.

I agree that for part time bloggers it becomes tougher still as they have an offline life to manage besides an online one, so balancing both sides and their families (if they have any) isn’t easy. Yet there are so many such bloggers who are doing so well for themselves.

Thanks so much for your kind words, Nirmal, and I’m glad you enjoy my posts. Your shares are always appreciated, and I shall soon visit your blog too. Have a nice weekend 🙂

19. Babanature

2014-04-05 at 9:06 pm

Hello Harleena,
    Nice! nice!! nice… distraction is one of the biggest factor that extend our work time. But one thing about me is, i love finishing one work before entering the next, with that method, i find it hard to get distracted :). The only time i get distracted, is when i am home and my wife distracts me with movie ahahah…
    one best tip is putting your work in mind and finishing it in time. Every client love fast and weldone delivery 🙂
    Nice and short infograph. Do have a blessed weekend..

2014-04-06 at 12:08 am

Hi Babanature,

Glad you liked the post, and yes – distractions are what keep us from completing the tasks in hand, and I think most people face this problem 🙂

It’s good you don’t multi-task and complete one task before moving to the next one. I do that too when I am seriously working, but when doing my other house chores, I multi-task a great deal to get it all done quickly, and somewhat of it is alright and needed too at times. Ask me, being a mom!

Ah…that kind of a distraction is always welcome, isn’t it? After all your wife too needs your time and attention. Yes, just do one work fully, and then move to the next one – this is the only way it works best.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experiences with us. Have a nice weekend as well 🙂

20. I'm Altamash

2014-04-05 at 9:04 pm

“working online is like walking on a landmine – you never know when and what you will step on, or what will distract you and take you completely off guard.”- I’m fully agree with this line, This is what always changes my Task into Multitask and Actually delay the task to be completed.

Your post didn’t give me any tips but made me realize my mistake, And this is very very helpful in giving me a support that I’m not lonely in this planet with whom this happen. 😛 😉 🙂

2014-04-06 at 12:03 am

Welcome to the blog Altamash! (though I wonder why you add ‘I’m’ in-front of your name!)

Glad you agree with those lines because that’s exactly how it is, as we never know what comes up next or how we’d be distracted. We often get caught doing things we hadn’t planned, thus aren’t able to achieve the goals we planned.

You’re certainly not alone as most of us sail in the same boat, though we need to change our ways and learn to focus on doing things that matter first, one at a time.

Thanks for stopping by. BTW – Do use a Gravatar so that we can see who we are talking to – just a friendly suggestion 🙂

• Altamash

2014-04-06 at 11:11 pm

Thanks! Well “I’m” is my own style to present myself! little naughtiness.
        yup! I too plan & create lists but eagerness of learning interrupt, when eyes catches some learning points & what happens is that list keep growing long till I don’t logg off my laptop! Ufff! >.< 😛

2014-04-07 at 9:22 am

Aha…but we all know that you are Altamash – naughty blogger, is it?

The answer for that is to remain focused and do just one thing at a time before moving to the next one. Just close all your tabs when you work on your laptop – it helps, try it out. 🙂

Thanks once again, and I hope you get a Gravatar when you visit next – would be nice to see who we are addressing here 🙂

21. Ahsan

2014-04-05 at 8:58 pm

Hello Harleena Singh,

For a blogger these tips are very helpful. We the bloggers pass lots of time doing useless works. We need to set our work in fixed time so we can do it properly.

If we save time, then we can use it other works. I agree with your proverb. If we do more than 1 work in the same time can certainly lost our concentration & we fail both works to finish.

I hope every person must have a plan everyday morning – how he wants to pass the day & night. Anyway have a great weekend 🙂

2014-04-05 at 9:47 pm

Hi Ahsan,

I’m glad you liked these tips to avoid being overworked, which I think most bloggers are, besides other professionals too who take their work seriously.

Setting aside a fixed time or scheduling your day based on the tasks in hand can help you achieve your aim with ease. The time saved, as you mentioned, can be used for other productive tasks, which otherwise you tend to side-track or keep aside for later, because you fall short of time.

Multi-tasking or trying to do too many things in one time tends to misfire as you cannot do any one job with perfection. However, being a mom I have to do that sometimes, but I usually set aside time for tasks that can be done together 😉 Planning your days routine the first thing in the morning helps you decide what work you need to do when – and in most cases, if your allotted time is right, which comes with practice, you are able to achieve your goal.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your views with us 🙂

22. Mohit

2014-04-05 at 8:41 pm

Really a superb post Harleena…Nice tips which will be helpful for many bloggers in saving their time. Working hard is important but at the same time proper rest is also must. If one gets overworked then he won’t be able to work hard the same way on another day.

Infographic which you have included is going to be helpful for many people.

2014-04-06 at 8:37 pm

Welcome to my blog Mohit !

Yes, these time saving tips would surely help bloggers and many other professionals, provided they take them seriously, isn’t it? 🙂

Working smart is the key – you needn’t work hard or you will tire yourself, and rest is essential, which happens when you chalk out your days agenda and follow it. Tiring yourself will affect your day, and as you mentioned, your work and next day too.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your views 🙂

23. Debarpan

2014-04-05 at 8:20 pm

Well me too wasted many of my valuable times in such worthless blogging work in my newbie time.Now I made some routine work and can save lots of time.So this is indeed a helpful post for each and every single blogger I think.Thanks for doing such a great job with this infographic,I completely appreciate this mam.

2014-04-05 at 8:49 pm

Hi Debarpan,

I can understand what you mean, having gone through that phase myself. I think most bloggers are initially finding their way about and often get caught on the social networks wasting a lot of time, until they realize the value of time and make amends.

Making a routine or planning out your day or week, and setting aside time for each task helps in more ways than one. If you do that and follow the tips as mentioned in the infographic you can never really go wrong.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with us 🙂

24. Siddharth Sharma

2014-04-05 at 8:08 pm

Hi Mam,

Today I read complete 3 Post of your blog then just now saw your share on facebook then once again visited here on one of my Favorite Blog .

Your this post is really nice !!! I completely agree with you and today learnt 100% related to Topic . Actually Atish bro was told me something about it . And now today you shared complete Info . a Big Thanks to you..

Thanks Mam 🙂

2014-04-05 at 8:45 pm

Hi Sanu – good to have you back 🙂

That’s wonderful indeed! I’m glad you finally found the time to visit my blog and read through the posts, and I hope you liked what you read. Nice to know that you were already thinking about these time saving tips and Atish guided you too – he is a helpful person, isn’t he?

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your views 🙂

25. Nikhil

2014-04-05 at 2:40 pm

Hi Harleena,

Your time saving tips are really great and useful. Most bloggers have suffered with an overload of work and these tips will help to reduce the burden.

Thank you for sharing these important tips with infographic us 🙂

2014-04-05 at 6:18 pm

Hi Nikhil,

Glad you liked these time saving tips to avoid being overworked, and yes, I think we bloggers generally are overworked. I know I am most of the time, so these lessons are for me too. I liked this infographic the moment I saw it and thought it must be shared with everyone. 🙂

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with us 🙂

26. Parmveer Singh

2014-04-05 at 12:43 pm

Really Nice Post.

You’re absolutely right, bloggers need to know how to save time because 80% of their time is spent on less useful activities on internet.

Using these tips, we can double or writing productively.

I read somewhere, 11 words of productivity [now my desktop wallpaper :)] – “One thing at a time, Most important thing first, Start Now!”

Thanks of good guidance.

2014-04-05 at 6:09 pm

Welcome to the blog Parmveer – good to see you here 🙂

Absolutely! Such is the case not only with bloggers, but all professionals who tend to spend more time in activities that get them no returns, when they are online. The social media can be a great place for distractions, if it goes out of control.

Yes indeed, those are great words to be productive – doing one thing at a time and ending it till it’s over, starting from now. Hope these time saving tips can help those who need it.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with us 🙂