Guest Post Guidelines
We value our blog audience/readers at Aha!NOW, and want to serve them the best.
Personally, I spend many hours on a post before it is published. A lot of time goes into writing a post, which includes drafting, proof reading, editing, revising, and giving finishing touches.
Thereafter, time is spent in formatting the post in WordPress, creating appropriate images, and adding relevant links, and much more.
Be prepared because you too will have to go through the same process when you write a post for Aha!NOW. Of course, I will be assisting you to create an outstanding blog post that impresses the readers and gets you accolades.
These are a few guest post guidelines that I’d like you to kindly read carefully before you proceed to submit your post pitches or write the post.
(If you are already a member of the ABC, then you do not need to re-register yourself.)
Guidelines To Write A Guest Post For Aha!NOW
For your convenience, I have divided the guidelines into five sections – topic and post specifics, originality and correctness, formatting and editing, linking, image and author bio, and finally, commenting and social promotion.
Topic and Post Specifics
1. Please think about writing on topics that are related to my blog (check out the post categories on Aha!NOW) and something that is not covered on my blog (check the previous posts in your selected category of Aha!NOW). It is mandatory that you send me at least two post pitches sharing your post idea and summary for approval.
2. Please submit new and original ideas that are not seen elsewhere online. The post should not be about promoting yourself, your product, or your blog. Remember, the aim is to provide content that is helpful, meaningful, and useful for the reader. Please know that we will not take up any of your pre-written posts.
3. After submitting your post pitches, you will be requested to send a post outline for the selected post topic. This will help us decide and set the right course for you to avoid re-writing of the post. Your post should cover the topic in detail and should have something valuable as takeaway, worthy to become a resource for later reference for the readers.
4. The first post draft should be preferably between 2000 to 2500 words. It should be written in a MS Word document and sent to us on the email that I will provide you. I may suggest corrections or share ideas on how to make it better. You might have to work on a couple of revisions before the post is finalized.
5. If you are a blogger, then you should have a personal blog on a niche that is related to a niche on Aha!NOW. People having only a commercial website or those who wish to promote their product, service, or site should contact us on this page.
Originality and Correctness
6. The content of your post must be original and you should be its genuine author. It should not be a spun article, a copy of ideas presented on any blog or site, and should not have been published anywhere else, including on your own blog or website.
7. The post should pass all tests for plagiarism using the popular plagiarism software or Google search facility. If I detect objectionable plagiarism in your post, your post submission will be cancelled and you will never be allowed to guest post on Aha!NOW.
8. Your post must be grammatically correct, should be structured with small sentences, and be without any spelling errors. Please check your post with spell checker and other software like Grammarly, before sending it to me. I suggest that you first check the writing style on the existing posts of Aha!NOW.
9. The post should respect copyrights of the content in the post. Infringement of copyright will lead to removal of the blog post without any notice. Please check all resource references in your post for their authenticity, validity, and freshness. I may remove any resource link that I deem as not suitable for my blog.
10. Also, by submitting your post to Aha!NOW, you give me the copyright ownership of the post to avoid duplicate content issue. This means you’ll not be able to publish the post anywhere else in future. However, you can publish the post excerpt on your blog with a canonical link to your guest post on Aha!NOW.
Formatting and Editing
11. Your post must be well-written in simple English that is easy to understand and read. It is mandatory for you to follow the below mentioned guidelines. If I’m not able to comprehend your post or if it contains too many errors, I may reject it without any information.
12. Please break the content into easy-to-digest small portions. Also, kindly make paragraphs of not more than two sentences each, which makes it easier to read. You should use subheads (H2, H3, H4) for each section of the post.
13. As the author of the article, you would be responsible for proofreading and making edits before the final submission. I’ll finally supervise and edit the article for its correctness, format, and relevancy. If the article requires too much of editing, it will be sent back to you. If the post requires major changes, you’ll be asked to rewrite it as per my suggestions.
14. You need to come up with 2-3 post headline alternatives. Headlines have to be impressive, unique, as well as search engine-friendly. You should wrap up the post at the end with a conclusion and a call-to-action statement.
15. I reserve the right to add additional information on your post if I find it essential to make it more relevant to my blog readers.
16. You’re requested not to use any kind of affiliate links in the content of the post. Such posts would be out rightly rejected.
17. I allow the guest posts to include a maximum of one link in the author’s bio, and it should point to the root domain of your personal blog, with the blog name as the anchor text. It will be a ‘no follow’ backlink. You can link one related post on your blog from within the content, and I’ll decide the anchor text of this link.
18. Links to irrelevant sites, whether owned or not, are not allowed. Any reference or resource link mentioned in the post should be from an authoritative and popular blog or site. I reserve the right to change or remove this link with another link of my choice. You should refrain from using not more than 4 such links.
19. I do not allow the use of rich anchor text words for any link on the post. You may fill up your ABC member profile with your social media links, but not have them on your guest post author bio.
20. I reserve the right to add contextual and other links of the related articles from my blog in the content of the guest post.
Image and Author Bio
21. Kindly send the links (not photos) of 3-4 pictures that are appropriate for the post, along with the article. As a rule, I don’t allow the guest authors to use their personal pictures in the post.
22. I reserve the right to choose the picture to go with the post, though I’d try to go with your preference, if possible. You may even send quotes that match the images, to create image quotes.
23. Please make sure that the pictures are free to use and modify, and are preferably under Creative Commons License for free attribution and distribution. You may use the image sites like Pixabay.com, FreeDigitalPhotos.net, or any other similar site.
24. You need to have your own avatar registered with Gravatar.com so that I can use your Gravatar image in the post author bio box. Your email address linked to your Gravatar account will be used for comment notifications and other correspondences.
25. Kindly include an author bio of not more than 50 words. It should not contain any links, other than one to your blog’s root domain.
Commenting and Social Promotion
26. As a guest blogger, you are expected to interact and reply to your guest post’s comments as soon as the post is published, and thereafter. Aha!NOW is known for the quality of its comments, so I expect you to be elaborate and expressive in your comments.
27. I will close the comments to your guest post after 10 days from its publish date to relieve you from the responsibility of replying to the comments. Therefore, you need to reply to all the pending comments within this period.
28. You’re also required to promote your guest post publicly on your personal social media profiles to your fans and followers. If you are a blogger, I’d also appreciate if you promote your guest post on social media communities and groups as well as your email list.
29. You MUST tag me (Harleena Singh) and Aha!NOW in your social media promotions, so I am notified.
30. If you fail to reply to the comments and promote the post as explained above, I have the right to remove your blog backlinks from the post, or the entire post itself.
I hope you have read the following guest post guidelines carefully. I might be forced to reject your article if it does not meet any of these guidelines. I may sound a bit strict, but these are exactly the rules I follow when I write my blog posts on Aha!NOW. And believe me, it pays in the end!
Note: Your submission of the post pitches or article is not a guarantee of it getting approved and published. I shall let you know if the post can be published or not along with its reasons thereof.
Guest Posting Disclosure
As the author of the blog post that you submit to aha-now.com, you agree that the post and its content are product of your own work, and that it is not plagiarized in any way.
You also agree that you have the copyright or the written permission to use the images in the guest post. After submission of the guest post, you agree that it would not be republished in any capacity. Aha-Now.com will have the sole right to use the post and its content.
By submitting guest blog post content, you agree that aha-now.com, its owners or managers, will in no way be held liable in copyright complaints or violations and that you, personally, accept full responsibility for the content submitted. If the guest post is not approved and published, the author will retain the right to publish it elsewhere.
If any of the above mentioned conditions and guidelines are not met, the owners and managers of aha-now.com have the right to either remove your post or its links from the blog.
If you have any questions, please ask them through the blog contact page.
Thanks for taking the time to read this before submitting your post pitch. Click here to send your post pitches.
Updated: April 1, 2015