- How to Stop Rushing Through LifePosted 16 hours ago
- Understanding the Power of BeliefPosted 33 days ago
- 5 Ways of Helping Children Cope With Change In LifePosted 36 days ago
- Understanding Women in Today’s WorldPosted 85 days ago
- How to Change Your Life with KnowledgePosted 95 days ago
- How Do You Cope With StressPosted 123 days ago
- 12 Steps to a New Beginning in LifePosted 126 days ago
- Blog Anniversary – Making Merry this Christmas and New YearPosted 148 days ago
- What Stops You from Living a Healthy LifestylePosted 168 days ago
- Is Setting Priorities in Life EssentialPosted 173 days ago
Guest Post Guidelines
Please note: Guest post is by invitation only.
I only invite the Aha!NOW blog community members as a gesture of my gratitude towards them.
If you’re not a community member, please know that your guest post will not be published.
Thanks for your interest in writing a guest post for Aha!NOW.
Aha!NOW is a blog that deals with topics related to family, life, and self-development.
It has been my endeavor to write on topics that would help the readers reflect and contemplate on these aspects of their lives.
The motive of my blog is to help people improve their quality of life. Accordingly, I look forward to quality articles related to the topics of my blog.
The blog categories include family, parenting, children, teenagers, seniors, love and relationships, marriage, friendship, health and wellness, self-improvement, life, inspiration, and lifestyle.
I’ve also summed up the specific requirements of guest posting on this blog. They are:
1. You need to be an active member of the Aha!NOW Blog Community.
2. You should have a blog of your own.
The final decision to approve any body as a guest blogger lies with me. I also consider these factors:
- The involvement of the blogger in the discussions on the blog posts.
- The quality of English as exhibited in the blogger’s comments and own blog posts.
I do not accept guest posts that require a backlink to a website/blog which is not owned by the guest blogger.
It is important that you read the guest post guidelines, as I follow these when I write any post for my blog, and I expect all guest bloggers also to do the same.
If you’ve any problems following any of the rules, then I humbly request you not to write the guest post.
At a glance
These are the steps you need to take to write a guest post:
1. Send me your suggested topic along with a short summary.
2. Follow the guest post guidelines, and incorporate my suggestions to write the post.
3. Send me the completed post in MS Word along with a few images that go with it.
However, I’d also like you to go through the guidelines in detail:
Guest Post Guidelines:
I’d like you to please read the following guidelines carefully. I might be forced to reject your article if it does not meet any of these guidelines.
Topic and Post Specifics
1. Please write on topics that are related to my blog, and I’d prefer you share the post idea and summary with me before sending the final post.
2. Kindly write a post about something that is not covered on my blog. I prefer you submit posts that present new ideas that are not seen elsewhere online.
3. Your post should cover the topic in detail. It should be preferably between 750 to 1200 words. It should be written in a MS Word document.
4. I would prefer that you’ve a blog from a related niche only. However, there can be exceptions to this rule as per my discretion.
5. Your post must be well-written in simple English that is easy to understand and read.
Originality and Correctness
6. The content of your post must be original and you should be its genuine author. It should not be a spun article and should not have been published anywhere else, including on your own blog or website.
7. The post should pass all tests for plagiarism using the popular plagiarism software.
8. Your post must be grammatically correct, should be structured with small sentences, and be without any spelling errors.
9. The post should respect copyrights of the content in the post. Infringement of copyright will lead to removal of the blog post without any notice.
10. Also, by submitting your post to Aha!NOW, you give me the copyright ownership of the post to avoid duplicate content issue. This means you’ll not be able to publish the post anywhere else in future.
Formatting and Editing
11. Please use H2 and H3 tags in the post to break the content into easy-to-digest small portions. Also, kindly make paragraphs of not more than two sentences each, which makes it easier to read.
12. After submitting your article summary you’re requested to wait for my suggestions and then start writing the post.
13. As the author of the article, you would be responsible for the making edits before the final submission. I’ll finally supervise and edit the article for its correctness, format, and relevancy.
14. If the post requires major changes, you’ll be asked to rewrite it as per my suggestions.
15. I reserve the right to add additional information if I find it essential to make the post more relevant to my blog readers.
16. You’re requested not to use any kind of affiliate links in the content of the post. Such posts would be out rightly rejected.
17. I allow the guest posts to include up to two links; one in the bio and the other in the body of the blog post, if desired. Only the one in the author’s bio will be a ‘do follow’ backlink on condition.
18. The link in the content is allowed only if it is strictly highly relevant to the content itself, and should only link back to your own post on your blog. It’ll not be a commercial link. Links to irrelevant sites and SEO anchored links are not allowed.
19. The link in the bio will point to the homepage of your own blog/website.
20. I reserve the right to add contextual links to the related articles from my blog in the content of the guest post.
Image and Author Bio
21. Kindly send 3-4 pictures or their links that are related to the post, along with the article. As a rule, I don’t allow the guest authors to use their personal pictures in the post.
22. I reserve the right to choose the picture to go with the post, though I’d try to go with your preference if possible.
23. Please make sure that the pictures are free to use and modify, and are preferably under Creative Commons License for free attribution and distribution.
24. I’d prefer that you’ve your own avatar registered with Gravatar.com so that I can use your Gravatar image. Your email address linked to your Gravatar account will be used for comment notifications.
25. Kindly include an author bio of not more than 50 words.
Commenting and Post Submission
26. As a guest blogger, you are expected to interact and reply to your guest post’s comments at my blog in a timely and good manner. You’re required to do that for as long as the comments keep coming.
27. If you fail to reply to the comments as explained above, I will have the right to remove your backlinks from the post, or make them all ‘no follow’.
28. Please contact me through the contact form on my blog for any guest post requests. I shall provide an email address to you for sending me the final post.
29. Kindly give me about a week’s time before I can revert to you to convey my thoughts about your post.
30. Your submission of the article is not a guarantee of it getting approved and published. I shall let you know if the post can be published or not along with its reasons thereof.
Guest Posting Disclosure
As the author of the blog post that you submit to aha-now.com, you agree that the post and its content are product of your own work, and that it is not plagiarized in any way.
You also agree that you have the copyright or the written permission to use the images in the guest post. After submission of the guest post, you agree that it would not be republished in any capacity. Aha-Now.com will have the sole right to use the post and its content.
By submitting guest blog post content, you agree that aha-now.com, its owners or managers, will in no way be held liable in copyright complaints or violations and that you, personally, accept full responsibility for the content submitted. If the guest post is not approved and published, the author will retain the right to publish it elsewhere.
Thanks for taking the time to read this before submitting your post summary.
Updated: April 27, 2013
Photo Credit: FreeDigitalPhotos