Membership Rules and Registration Form Filling Instructions
The Aha!NOW Blog Community (ABC) is a hub of engagement and interactions. It’s a community where you can promote blog, make friends, and discuss success.
It’s one of its kinds of community, where you feel at home in a loving atmosphere as well as warm and caring environment.
To maintain the sanctity and security of the community, we have crafted a few terms and conditions. These rules and regulations have to be strictly observed and followed by all the community members.
This is all in the best interest of the community and its members (lovingly called Ahaians).
Please read the rules as well as the instructions to fill up the registration form for membership of the ABC.
- You will create only one account at a time. If we find that you’ve created more than one user accounts, all your accounts will be deleted and your membership will be terminated.
- The username you choose will be public and it cannot be changed after you register it. Please make sure your username is unique and is at least 5 characters long and at the most 12 characters long with no spaces inbetween.
- At the time of login, you are required to use your username, and NOT your email address. You will be locked out if you use anything other than your username to login to the ABC.
- You are required to use a strong password and not share it with anyone to keep your account safe and secure.
- It is preferred that you use your Gravatar ID in the field for email address. You can get your Gravatar for free at http://en.gravatar.org/. You don’t need to upload a photo if you use your Gravatar email address (this saves you time and effort!).
- All communication will be made with you at the email address you provide in the registration form. It is your responsibility to check the emails and notifications sent time to time at this email address.
- You agree to give permission to use your photo or avatar to refer you in the community badges, cards, posts, or widgets on the blog, or banners to be promoted inside or outside the blog.
- If you register without any photo or avatar, your account will be deleted. You can create a new account with your photo or avatar.
- You can only submit the blog link that you own in your member profile. Any link other than that of your verifiable personal blog in the website field will be deleted. If you reinstate the deleted link, your account will be terminated.
- If you are not a blogger, then please leave the blog/website field blank. You’re not allowed to promote any third party blog or website either.
- You can only promote the blog posts that belong to you, as originating from the blog mentioned in your profile.
- You will fill in factual and true information and the entire responsibility of the information presented by you, lies with you. The Aha!NOW blog and community has nothing to do with it.
Code of conduct
- Since the forums at the ABC are free and open to public presently, anyone can read what you write and they may also show up in the search results also. Thereby, you’re responsible for your reputation that you build through your activities.
- Please be nice to all and use decent language. Any kind of harassment or racist behavior will not be tolerated. Members not following a decent socially accepted code of conduct will lose their membership.
- You’re required to post helpful, meaningful, and useful content in the various activities that you perform in the community and the blog. Any useless, meaningless, hurtful, and plagiarized content will be deleted.
- You’re not allowed to publicize any third-party product or services, nor promote your affiliates in any way.
- You agree not to spam any member with mail or messages. In case any member files a complaint against you, and you’re found guilty, then your membership will be terminated.
Regarding Community Features and Administration
- Presently the ABC has an achievement and badging system. Almost every community activity is rewarded with AhaPoints and AhaRefs. The more active you’re in the community, the more points you earn and increase the chances of qualifying for the rewards or giveaways, if any. However, this achievement and badging system may be scrapped at any time without prior notice.
- In case the membership to the community or forums becomes premium and paid, you’ll have to follow the new terms and conditions set forth at that time and your free membership period might end.
- Accounts without ANY activity 30 days after registration will be deleted.
- The admins and moderators reserve the right to modify, ban, or terminate your account at any time without notice if any required conditions or code of conduct are not met with.
- Your account will also be terminated if it is found to be involved in any kind of illegal or unallowed activity.
- You agree to receive emails or newsletters concerning your membership and the community activities till you’re a member of the community.
- If you ever want to quit the membership of the ABC, you can ask for the same by notifying the admins and stating the reason.
Thanks for reading and I hope you’ll cooperate in honoring and enforcing these rules and regulations to help create a friendly and peaceful community.
Updated: 19th November 2014