- How to Stop Rushing Through LifePosted 13 hours ago
- Understanding the Power of BeliefPosted 33 days ago
- 5 Ways of Helping Children Cope With Change In LifePosted 36 days ago
- Understanding Women in Today’s WorldPosted 85 days ago
- How to Change Your Life with KnowledgePosted 95 days ago
- How Do You Cope With StressPosted 123 days ago
- 12 Steps to a New Beginning in LifePosted 126 days ago
- Blog Anniversary – Making Merry this Christmas and New YearPosted 148 days ago
- What Stops You from Living a Healthy LifestylePosted 168 days ago
- Is Setting Priorities in Life EssentialPosted 172 days ago
What Moves You
What moves you and forces you out of bed in the morning- inspiring you to become a better you, a better friend, a better lover, or a better parent?
What is it that inspires you and keeps you MOVING?
What moves you and makes that place in your heart shine with a warm light that sometimes feels unbearable?
What fills you with the immediate knowing of magic, possibility, and God?
When your heart feels this way take good notes, as you might discover what in life is calling you!
“The best ideas must move you before they can move someone else. And so you must begin at your core. Find that thing that causes a lump in your throat and moves you deeply—then work from there.”-Blaine Hogan (Untitled, Thoughts on the Creative Process)
I love this quote that is a call to inspire, a reminder to not go numb, instead to passionately create.
What at the end of the day touches your heart and refreshes you? Is it an object, a song, a quote, a memory, an action?
Or is it a good tune to start your day, a good read, a good movie, a sunny Sunday, a good walk, communicating with your loved one? What moves you to have that moment of inner peace, where you are able to connect to yourself?
“Do what moves you and keep moving.” This simple statement inspires me and helps me remain focused on what will make me happy.
However, when I am moved, I am also able to help others (“do what moves them”) and get a sense of happiness that few ever experience.
Once you are able to empower yourself to accomplish what makes you happy, automatically the people around you are influenced and want to achieve the same.
Thus, when you make yourself a better person, you care about making those around you better.
I personally feel that what touches, inspires, or moves us is usually what we need to create more in our life. Connecting to what moves us on a daily basis helps bring meaning, purpose, and fulfillment into each passing day.
Your choices are yours alone and you need to follow what moves you. It causes a ripple effect in our energy field, generating the energy in others.
We are trained to think that we need to fit a traditional mold or follow a certain model in order to get a job, to make money, to get hired, to be successful.
We focus mainly on trying to fit others’ expectations that we hide our true colors, the ideas, and dreams that make us stand out and move us.
We fail to recognize that it’s exactly those unique things that make us who we are. They are what make people want to connect with us, like us, and work with us.
For me, I get moved by the smallest of things and though it is tough to mention all of them here- so just naming a few:
- A tender look.
- A gentle touch.
- A loving smile.
- A soft-caring heart.
- Unexpected kindness.
- Sharing quality family time and togetherness.
- My mother’s memories.
- My father’s care and love.
- My husband’s undivided time, love, and attention.
- My daughter turning back from her school just to wish me for my birthday.
- My kids offering to cook up a meal and set me free.
- My pet’s expressive eyes.
- A pleasant surprise that gives you happiness.
- A kind, generous, compassionate, caring, loving heart.
- Simplicity and honesty of people.
- Friends who take you for what you are.
- And of course my writing and work!
At times there are other issues that move me like-
- Poverty and seeing so many children and families living in hardships.
- Animal cruelty where animals are neglected, ill-treated, or abandoned.
- Environmental issues like the eco-system and global warming.
- Places where women are still not treated well or at par with men.
- Grief and problems of others undergoing hardships, pain, and traumas.
What moves you may be different from what moves me, but the philosophy behind it and the dedication to being your true self and living your best life, is the same.
Figure out how to share a part of yourself with the world, and go for it. Those that matter will love you for it. So, what moves you?
Photo Credit: 123rf
How to Stop Rushing Through Life
- Posted 13 hours ago
Are Your Teens Cyber Safe
- Posted 5 days ago
Why You Should be Respecting the Elderly
- Posted 8 days ago
6 Easy Tips For Time Management You Need To Know
- Posted 11 days ago
Why Is a Mother Child Bond So Special
- Posted 15 days ago
How to Boost Self Esteem in 8 Simple Ways
- Posted 19 days ago
Is The Fat In a Diet Really Bad For You
- Posted 22 days ago
Subscribe to the Aha!NOW newsletter
Does Online Social Networking Friendship Really Work
- Posted 42 days ago
Blog Anniversary – Making Merry this Christmas and New Year
- Posted 148 days ago