- How to Stop Rushing Through Life
- Understanding the Power of Belief
- 5 Ways of Helping Children Cope With Change In Life
- Understanding Women in Today’s World
- How to Change Your Life with Knowledge
- How Do You Cope With Stress
- 12 Steps to a New Beginning in Life
- Blog Anniversary – Making Merry this Christmas and New Year
- What Stops You from Living a Healthy Lifestyle
- Is Setting Priorities in Life Essential
How to be Happy in Life
There’s no secret recipe to be happy in life. Neither is there a perfect formula to achieve happiness in life.
Everybody has the right to be happy, and happiness has no price tag. Happiness can be found anywhere and everywhere; you do not need anything to be happy.
But then why are people unhappy? Why do they still seek happiness and ways to be happy if any of the above statements are true?
It is because we’re ignorant and unaware. We look for complex solutions and fail to understand simple concepts, which bring simple solutions.
It is because we look in the wrong direction and think of happiness as something to possess; whereas, happiness is a state of mind.
It is because we make the wrong choices. Happiness is the result of the choices that we make – if we do not choose to be happy, we lead the path to being sad and depressed.
Is it easy to be happy in life?
I know there’ll be a mixed response to this question. Those who are already happy know that they did not make any special efforts to be happy.
Whereas, those who are sad and depressed either have no clue how to be happy or find it as the most difficult task to do.
Did I say there’s no secret to being happy? Well, yes there is. Just be in the moment, in the present or in the NOW!
Aha!NOW – celebrate the present, indulge in the moment as if time stands still, be fully aware and engrossed; you’ll fail to find reasons to be unhappy.
If you’re happy every moment, then like you can make a line connecting the dots, all the moments of happiness together will make a happiness continuum – a continuous state of happiness.
Our Goal is to be Happy in Life
The test of life is to be happy, no matter what. The ultimate goal of life is to be happy.
We knowingly or unknowingly try to achieve happiness in life through various things, persons, or acts.
It may be through a latest mobile, a new dress, a girlfriend or boyfriend, a job or a movie. When all these cease to exist, happiness also vanishes.
I’d categorize happiness as temporary or short-term, substantial or medium-term, and eternal or long-term.
Temporary happiness is short-lived – only for a few moments or till we are experiencing or possessing something – like material objects, sex, food, clothes, and some basic instincts.
Substantial happiness stays with us for a long time and runs peace of mind in the background. For example, it comes through great relationships, life achievements, good self-concepts, and good deeds.
Eternal happiness is forever and doesn’t come through anything or any person that is not eternal. It comes through something that is everlasting and forever – God.
Whatever form of happiness you wish to have; there are certain basics that you need to follow.
40 Basic Tips to be Happy
Although happiness could have different meaning for different people, and there may be thousands of ways and tips to be happy, here are some basic and simple ones that may fill your life with happiness.
- Choose to be happy every moment
- Be in the here and now
- Love the life you live – try to improve but do not pity
- Be content – with what you are and what you have
- Believe in yourself – have confidence
- Be yourself and stop pretending something you’re not
- Look for positives in everything good or bad
- Learn lessons from mistakes and move on; do not get stuck
- Have purpose of life
- Do not compare yourself with others – live your own life
- Accept yourself and your life and do not blame others for it
- Set priorities and have clear goals
- Think positive and be optimistic
- Develop good habits, and drop the bad ones
- Know yourself – meditate and look within
- Learn to let go – forgive and forget
- Be giving – in form of material goods, service, or love
- Possess feeling of gratitude – be thankful for everything
- Embrace change – be flexible
- Always be occupied, keep busy
- Stop worrying and enjoy life as it is
- Laugh more and find humor in life
- Remove fear and be stress-free
- De-clutter your mind and be decisive
- Be wise and plan your spending
- Have cordial relations, both personal and professional
- Avoid misunderstandings – when in doubt, just ask
- Be in a happy company
- Control your moods and temper
- Experience positive emotions and feelings
- Be a love teacher
- Have the LUCK factor in life
- Spend time with near and dear ones
- Share a smile – always smile
- Be good – think and act good
- Don’t fall for addictions
- Reduce needs and demands
- Keep healthy – eat right and exercise
- Breathe slow, deep, and easy
- Be peace
This list can go on and on. But if you even follow any 10 from the above mentioned tips, I think you’ll find the direction of happiness and learn to be happy.
If you’re happy, then you’re peaceful; but if you’re not at peace, angry, and disturbed, you’re not happy. Do everything and anything to be at peace, to be happy.
Over to you –
What do you think it takes to be happy? Do you think it is possible to be truly happy? Is it easy to be happy in life? What’s your tip to be happy to add to this list? Share in the comments below.
Photo Credit: FreeDigitalPhotos
8 Reasons Why Holiday Fun Recharge You
- Posted 1 day ago
Beware of These Friendship Problems
- Posted 6 days ago
Understanding the Role of the Father in Child Development
- Posted 7 days ago
6 Bad Ways to Reduce Stress You Should Avoid
- Posted 12 days ago
Rekindle Love in Marriage in 10 Practical Ways
- Posted 16 days ago
Shocking Sleep Deprivation Effects You Need to Know
- Posted 19 days ago
9 Early Signs Of An Abusive Relationship
- Posted 23 days ago
Subscribe to the Aha!NOW newsletter
Understanding the Role of the Father in Child Development
- June 12, 2013
Does Online Social Networking Friendship Really Work
- April 9, 2013