Table of Contents
- How To Get Things Done
- 10 Tips of Getting Things Done on Your Own To Be Happy
- 1. Make practical and realistic goals
- 2. Get passionate about your job
- 3. Create a plan and a to-do list
- 4. Manage your time and schedule
- 5. Focus on the right things and avoid distractions
- 6. Try not to put away tasks for later
- 7. Give time to family, relationships, and your ownself
- 8. Develop and maintain good and helpful habits
- 9. Follow a reward and refreshment system
- 10. Keep a favorable mindset and manage your emotions
- Peak Work Performance (PWP) Summit
- Wishing You ALL A Happy and Prosperous New Year
Getting things done fast is the mark of success and successful people. I hope you’ll agree.
Well, let me put it this way. Maybe you consider yourself as fairly successful already, but you can be more successful if you are more productive.
This is the New Year theme for us at Aha!NOW.
We want to focus on performance and productivity, which would help us progress and prosper.
Yes, getting things done fast makes that much of a difference in life.
Completing your tasks helps you attain success and be happy, eventually.
If you fail to get things done, you suffer in some ways or stall your growth.
So, what do you do?
You plan and take resolutions to complete your tasks – in time!
Talking of resolutions, have you made any New Year’s resolution this year? Let me know in the comments below.
I’m sure you’ve many tasks that you want to complete and goals to achieve, but despite making resolutions at the beginning of the year, sometimes you fail to implement them.
As a result, you lose faith in making resolutions. You begin to think of it as a useless exercise. Has this ever happened with you?
Well, if it did, did you try to analyze what really was the cause behind the failure of your resolutions?
For me, it was the lack of belief and proper understanding, and more of lethargy and improper planning.
Maybe there were a few more mistakes, but I didn’t get to know.
This is what happens with most people, probably with you too.
You get to know of your mistakes only when you read, hear, or see the experts revealing the right way of doing things.
But when you do, the knowledge of these mistakes only help you learn how to get things done faster.
How To Get Things Done
I learned that I did not make complete plans. They were not proper and practical.
Suppose you made good plans, you still need to get started. Some of my plans never took off!
Getting started is not enough, as you need to keep going and complete your tasks until you achieve your goals.
I lost my drive and direction mid-way and the projects remained unfinished.
You’ll realize that it takes more than planning and resolutions to get the things done.
You need to have practical strategies with scientific validations.
A perfect strategy would involve dealing with your habits, daily routine, prioritizing your tasks, and managing them.
It also tackles how you balance and manage your personal, social, and professional spheres of life since they are all interconnected and interdependent.
And very importantly it will deal with your mindset and emotions.
Everything affects your performance and productivity.
Your personal performance has a lot to do with your happiness levels. You will be happier by performing better.
If you want to get things done to enhance your performance, you need to improve all the factors that I’ve mentioned above.
You’ll find more useful tips to increase your personal productivity in this free ebook. These are the best productivity tips and they will be helpful to you.
If you are subscribed to this blog, you must have received a few mailers about this summit.
We are promoting the “Peak Work Performance Summit” because we believe it will really bring out the best in you.
This summit deals with many topics that we have taken up on this blog but being experts, the resource persons of the summit do it in depth and detail.
If you like the posts on Aha!NOW, you’d definitely like what you see in the summit.
We are very confident that it will help you to be more productive by getting things done at a faster rate than before. This summit will help you learn how to perform at your best level.
The best thing is that it is FREE (if you have the time to watch it). More about it later.
But first, here are a few simple tips that I’ve personally experienced to get things done on my own and achieve success in life.
10 Tips of Getting Things Done on Your Own To Be Happy
You’ll find many tips and tricks to complete your tasks and enhance your productivity on the web. I’m listing a few that I learned from my personal failures and successes.
1. Make practical and realistic goals
• Know what you want exactly. Visualize your goal and get an idea of the path you want to take.
• Make long-term and short-term goals. Make sure they are achievable and practical.
2. Get passionate about your job
• Do what you love and love what you do, even if it’s not what you love. After all, work is worship.
• Dream, desire, and think of your job or work as often as possible to create the inner fire or passion for it.
3. Create a plan and a to-do list
• Chalk out a strategy with actionable steps and make it realistic.
• Make a to-do list by focusing on your priorities and keep it short within practical limits.
4. Manage your time and schedule
• Follow a planned daily routine, and create time for everything for a balanced life.
• Schedule all tasks and abide by it. Reward yourself on successfully completing your tasks.
5. Focus on the right things and avoid distractions
• Do what you have to do without getting your attention diverted. Multitask, but carefully – do not let it get counterproductive.
• Avoid or minimize distractions like calls, emails, messages, mobiles, or social media. Keep a separate time for these activities in your schedule.
6. Try not to put away tasks for later
• Definitely do not intentionally procrastinate. Do not postpone tasks because you feel lazy or lethargic.
• Sometimes it is okay to give extra time to a job to seek more ideas and see it from a new perspective.
7. Give time to family, relationships, and your ownself
• Block family time in your schedule. Give time to your family, parents, wife, kids, and friends.
• Take out time for yourself to pursue your hobbies, interests, exercises, and personal growth.
8. Develop and maintain good and helpful habits
• Eat right and in the right way, sleep for at least 8 hours, and have an exercise and walking routine.
• Finish what you start, go by the rules, respect time, learn from others, thank and help others.
9. Follow a reward and refreshment system
• Celebrate small victories. Take breaks while working at tasks that take a long time to complete.
• Make working lively and fun. Be creative, find new ways of working, and enjoy your job.
10. Keep a favorable mindset and manage your emotions
• Have a strong and positive attitude. Ward off negative thoughts, by using techniques like meditation.
• Do not be a victim of negative emotions like anger, hatred, jealousy, and greed. Be cool and loving.
Do you have more tips to contribute on getting things done to be successful? I’m sure you’ve many of them, so just share them in the comments.
Peak Work Performance (PWP) Summit
My tips are not comprehensive. You may consider them as the tip of the iceberg or just a drop in the ocean.
Here are 27 ways to instantly boost your productivity that are more practical, specific, and scientifically-proven.
And why not, these are contributed by leading productivity experts, psychologists, business persons, and wellness experts including New York Times bestselling authors like David Allen, Shawn Achor, Tom Rath, Adam Grant, Susan Cain, Marshall Goldsmith, and not to mention the 20 other experts in the lineup.
This same bunch of people is revealing all their secrets of getting things done in the Peak Work Performance Summit (It began on January 5, but you can still watch the entire summit with the ALL ACCESS PASS).
This summit offers you the ultimate guide to achieving top performance – complete with actionable tips.
- how to start your day
- create perfect to-do lists
- make practical plans and schedules
- eat the right food the right way
- think like a successful person
- build smarter habits
- get more sleep
- how to be focussed
- beat procrastination
- manage and multiply time
- balance your personal, social, and professional aspects of life with ease and efficiency
- and much more.
Every lesson is perfect and right for you because they are backed up with scientific facts and studies.
If you want to achieve a lot, have lots to do, and worry that you do not have enough time, then this is the opportunity to learn how to take your performance to the next level despite the odds.
The summit is FREE to watch.
There are various video sessions every day for about a week. You can watch them at their scheduled times for free on your computer, laptop, or mobile.
You can purchase the entire summit proceedings if you wish to listen, read, or view them later at your convenience.
I’ve already registered myself and I would suggest you to not miss this opportunity. You can register yourself here for the summit.
The earlier you register, the lesser you pay, in case you plan to make the purchase.
I want to make it clear that I’m an affiliate of PWPS and if you click on the links in this post and make a purchase, I stand to earn a commission.
However, I believe you can enjoy and make the most of the summit for free without having to make a purchase, so just go for it!
Wishing You ALL A Happy and Prosperous New Year
Harleena and I wish you a very happy and prosperous New Year 2016.
We want you to be positive, energetic, optimistic, and productive for the whole year. Let’s leave the past year behind and look forward to the wonderful opportunities ahead.
There are possibilities, provided YOU have the will to make it possible.
In this New Year, know what you want, desire it strongly, plan how to go about it, remind yourself often, take all the help you can get, work hard and be smart, and achieve your objectives.
May you be successful in whatever you do and achieve your goals in life.
Whether you are a blogger, entrepreneur, marketer, professional, or a writer; we wish that you become a top performer by getting things done fast and living a better life.
You’re always welcome to discover happiness in life at Aha!NOW. 🙂
Over to you –
How do you get things done? What are your plans or resolutions for the New Year? Share your experiences and tips.